NADINE A. RUSSELL Resume 2015
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NADINE A. RUSSELL Resume 2015
Nadine A. Russell
71 WHITE HILL DRIVE
WEST HARTFORD, CT.06117
MISSION FOCUSED | LEADERSHIP | GAME CHANGER
A proven healthcare leader that translates healthcare strategies into superior results.
Operational leader with cross-industry and multi-functional success within the health care
organization. Reputation as a visionary with the ability to put concepts into practice through
team building and the delivery of practical solutions at all levels of the organization.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Planning and Programming
Health Care System
Health Care Supervisor/
Military Organizational Behavior
Master of Business and Administration / Human Resource Management, Trident University
Cypress, Ca 90630, (06/2012) GPA 3.545 CUM LAUDE
Bachelors of Science in Health Science/ Health Care Management, Trident University Cypress,
CA 90630 (9/2010) GPA 3.426 CUM LAUDE
Associates Applied Science in Health Sciences, Thomas Edison State College, Trenton New
■ Organized and goal-oriented with eight years of managerial experience with a staff of 88
personnel to ensure efficient day to day operations. As manager trained, mentored, and
evaluated performance proficiencies for staff members utilizing interpersonal effectiveness
skills communicating either verbally or in written form to staff, supervisors, and customers.
■ High-energy professional, team player, attention to detail oriented, compliance in all
regulated environment, and customer service with focus on providing the recipient with the
■ Excellent time management skills, resourceful, and creative problem-solver with proven
ability to analyze, translate complex customer requirements, business problems, and
design/implement innovative custom solutions.
■ Results-oriented, hands on professional, with a successful record of accomplishments in the
health care profession, communication, administrative industries, and customer service with
focus on providing the recipient with the highest quality. Health Care Professional fully
compliant with JCAHO, and OSHA regulations, policies, and procedures.
Health Care IT Systems Analysis Consultant
Nov 2013 – Present
As a member of the IT Systems Analysis team work with business partners to define data requirements
and analyze data requirements and define the following:
• Core data definitions and business logic/definitions
• Relational/dimensional data structures
• Data specific entities, attributes, and relationships.
• Perform analysis of assigned project changes and delivery of associated functional requirements
specification documents and associated application design specification documents.
• Provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest
technical level through all phases of application programming and processes.
• Work closely with client and IT management and staff to identify: application development solutions,
new applications or modifications to existing programs, and capability to reuse existing code.
• Responsible for facilitating business requirements gathering and translating into system requirements.
• Review Business Requirements and work with and guide business partners to complete business
• Clearly define systems work scope and objectives based on Business Requirements. Researches and
evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective application
• Translate Business Requirements into systems functional specifications and system design
• Provide systems expertise to system users, business partners, and other internal/external customers
including trouble shooting issues, as well as, identifying and correcting inefficiencies. Provides input for
test strategies and plans.
• Experience with reviewing business requirements, system functional requirements, and developing
• Create project estimates for Proposed Clinical Business Initiatives.
• Revise the workflow component for the Health Risk Assessments improving the information
provided to an outside vendor for member follow up.
• Provide Detail Design for the Provider component of the Military and Veterans initiative in
CareOne as well as supporting other clinical Military and Veteran initiatives for process
• Redesign the Intake component of CareOne used by clinicians in order to minimize erroneously
created Referrals and Notifications.
• NAC (National Agency Check) clearance for Military and Veterans business.
Jul 2008 – Nov 2010. Per wk. MASTER TRAINING SPECIALIST/INSTRUCTOR Naval
Undersea Medical Institute, Building 159 Trout Ave. SUBASE New London Groton, CT
06340 , Supervisor: Mr. Allen Alphonso (203) 932-5711 Ext 2499.
•Navy qualified Master Training Specialist (MTS) recognized as the residential training and
instructor expert, committed to reporting innovative ideas, statistical data, increase staff
preparedness, and qualified staff members to achieve the status of MTS. Directed, evaluated,
and pre-qualified numerous instructors to become certified MTS. Effectively trained and
implemented required training and oversight to 23 officers and enlisted personnel to ensure all
required training was completed on or ahead of schedule.
• Facilitated 2,800 clinical/didactic hours to civilians entering the United States Armed Forces
and Submarine Independent Duty Corpsman. Utilized pharmacy formula standards to calculate
drip rate of intravenous solutions, compounding, and a time drip rate. Collaborated with various
department heads to review best practices and use new ideas to achieve our goals.
•Acquired working knowledge policies and procedures of hospital accreditation associated with
the Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). Possessed thorough
knowledge of policies and procedures of hospital accreditation associated with the Joint
Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
• Successfully trained 65 percent of the Navy’s Submarine Independent Corpsman qualifying to
become equivalent to a physician Assistant.
• Improved the quality of health care delivery systems to personnel at Naval Undersea Medical
Institute by training students on the protocols and procedures, accurately prescribe, and
dispense medications. As a result career promotions were increased by 43 %, which included
: personal performance awards, and attaining advanced educational degrees.
• Managed the implementation of software in all pre-planning and training activities to include;
time-line development, site preparations, site training, and operational testing and evaluation.
PROGRAM MANAGER – Department Of Defense (DOD) Medical Programs
Nov 2006- Nov 2007. 3355 Illinois Street, Great Lakes, IL 60088, Supervisor: Yvette Pryor
(847) 688-3412 3355 Illinois Street, Great Lakes, IL 60088.
• Office manager, created, planned, and tracked the status of 2,150 patients to ensure high
quality and efficient medical care. Evaluated the physical fitness and rehabilitation program
which provided sound medical assessments, recommendations for changes, and referrals
• Coordinated and implemented rehabilitation services, case documentation, employment
services, administration and interpretation of vocational testing. Recommended and made
referrals to other military treatment facilities which assisted in evaluating the results of
diagnosis and treatment. Schedules patients for appointments, sends out letters of notifications
to patient, orders medical records, and check-in-patients.
• Counselled and coordinated a wide range of rehabilitation and case management services to
include members with disabilities and other eligible clients with special needs through the
rehabilitation program and medical process.
• Implemented and strategized rehabilitation services, case documentation, employment
services, administration, and interpretation of vocational testing for of clients experiencing
barriers caused by a range of multiple mental, developmental, and emotional problems.
• Managed complex DoD Medical Programs supporting the Military Health Care Delivery
System by tracking the rehabilitation progress of over 1,120 active duty military reservist, and
civilian patients to document medical appointments, post-operative care, physical therapy, and
• Sought out by supervisors and department heads to provide consultative advice and
documentation of medical care, treatment plan, and rehabilitation process initiatives which
significantly contributed to saving the United States Navy $1.2 M a fiscal year.
Systems Experience and Proficiencies
- Microsoft (Suite)
- Composite Health Care System (CHCS)
- Corporate enterprise Training Activity Resource System (CETARS)
- Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS)
- Veterans Integrated System Technology Architecture (VISTA ACCESS)
- Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS)
- Insurance Capture Buffer system (ICB)
- ICD-9 Coding