Politics, Power and Resistance Assessment. 17552729 week 14
submitted 26/05/2014 3:31pm
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Politics, Power and Resistance Assessment. 17552729 week 14
Politics, Power & Resistance
Reflection, week 14
● Week 5 – The disciplinary
and punitive state
● Week 6 – The Clash of
● Week 11 – Gender and
Sexuality (citizenship &
Power to the People
All elements are addressed in caricatures as they demonstrate all points clearly. (notes
Weber and Foucault:
The Diciplinary and Punative State
Funding priority problem
The Privitisation of Prisons
The clash of civilisations
● Post 9/11
The Post 9/11 world and the politics of fear.
Is it important?
Why is it
Has it gone too
Is it now a
Is it just
Sex and Gender
Sex and gender cont.
Most inequalities that arise in terms of sex and gender are oppressive
● America,. (2011). Misplaced Priorities: Over Incarcerate, Under Educate Excessive Spending on
Incarceration Undermines Educational Opportunity and Public Safety in Communities.
● Foucault, M., & Sheridan, A. (1991). Discipline and punish (1st ed.). Harmondsworth, Middlesex: Penguin
● Huntington, S. (1996). The clash of civilizations and the remaking of world order (1st ed.). New York:
Simon & Schuster.
● Krayem, g. (2013). THE CHALLENGES OF BEING A MUSLIM WOMAN IN A MULTICULTURAL
SOCIETY. Right Now, p. 4. Retrieved from http://rightnow.org.au/writing-cat/opinion/the-challenges-of-
● Lentin, A., & Titley, G. (2011). The crises of multiculturalism (1st ed.). London: Zed Books.
● Phillips, A. (2007). Multiculturalism without culture (1st ed.). Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press.