Population Council is looking for a portal app to house their mHealth solutions and experiences – think Google Play, but responsive! The product will be used for internal knowledge sharing in the growing segment of mHealth. The portal app will initially be used by Population Council staff involved in innovative efforts around data collection. http://connect.switchpitch.com/site/welcome/
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Population Council
conducts research to
address critical health and
development issues. We
are working to stop the
spread of HIV, provide
choices, and ensure that
young people lead full and
productive lives. Our
research leads to better
policies, programs, and
technologies that improve
lives around the world.
Founded by John D. Rockefeller, 3rd
Offices around the world
Countries where we work
Employees, half with advanced degrees
Staff based in developing countries
2012 budget. Funding from US and foreign
• Description of planned product: Intranet KM portal
app to house ICT e/mHealth solutions and
experiences – think Google Play! Responsive!
• Product uses: Internal knowledge sharing in this
fast moving and growing segment of e/mHealth.
• User story: Many tangents of activities and a need
to synthesize around tools/techniques/technologies.
• Target market: Initially for PopCouncil staff involved
in innovative efforts around data collection
• Improve the ability to
• Find a tool
• Find out who used, where, when and how
• Permit staff to enter and rank (stars)
Who wants to take a survey?
Example of an
• Internal assets to leverage: IT group and tech savvy
• Project Context: Research-based INGOs need data
as evidence to promote change and make a
• Strategic Benefits: Lots of buzz around m/eHealth
technologies; Reduce duplication of efforts –
improve efficiencies – bring into ecosystem!
• Project timeline: 3-4 months
• Key milestones: Design vision -functional additions - drop
• Internal project approval: IT Director
• Total budget: $10-20K
• Which parts of your project require external help? Innovative
interface design integrated with existing website, db and
• Budget for external help: $10-20K
• What would an ideal partner bring to the table? Experience
with building interface that allows for user rankings.
The Population Council conducts
research and delivers solutions that
improve lives around the world. Big
ideas supported by evidence: It’s our
model for global change.
Ideas Evidence Impact