Pop council oct12013 4
Population Council is looking for a portal app to house their mHealth solutions and experiences – think Google Play, but responsive! The product will be used for internal knowledge sharing in the growing segment of mHealth. The portal app will initially be used by Population Council staff involved in innovative efforts around data collection http://connect.switchpitch.com/site/welcome/
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pop council oct12013 4
science, and public
health research. We
deliver solutions that lead
to more effective
policies, programs, and
improve lives around the
Founded by John D. Rockefeller, 3rd
Offices around the world
Countries where we work
Employees, half with advanced degrees
Staff based in developing countries
2011 budget. Funding from US and foreign
• Description of planned product: Simple user-friendly
interface – wizard.
• Product uses: Clinic, household-based and general
• User story: “Researchers: we want to build
• Target market: INGOs and investigative researchers.
• Internal assets to leverage: IT group and tech savvy
• Project Context: Research-based INGOs need data
as evidence to promote change and make a
• Strategic Benefits: Lots of buzz around mHealth.
• Project timeline: 3-6 months
• Key milestones: Wet clay – Getting into mold – finished and
happy product! -- Paint please!
• Internal project approval: IT & VP
• Total budget: $10-20K
• Which parts of your project require external help? Interface
design integrated with existing app, db and structure.
• Budget for external help: $10-20K
• What would an ideal partner bring to the table? Delivery of a
feasible 1st generation tool.
The Population Council changes the way the world thinks about critical health
and development issues.