Political Science Resume (4)
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Political Science Resume (4)
Meg Elizabeth Spinder
26 Forest Meadow Trail| Rochester,NY, 14624 | 585-690-8539 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I continuallyexplore viable future career pathgoals withinthe Political Science field.Witha strong writing
background, I can analyze concepts and situations and formulate theminto extensive writtenreports.In
business and extracurricular activities I am an ambitious,fast learner witha developedset of verbal
communicationskills.I am always eager to try new things and explore new projects and activities.
Bachelors Degree,December 2013, State University of New York at Oswego
· Major: Political Science
· Major: Psychology
· Political Science Courses: Middle East Politics,Global Politics,International Organization,Politics of
Development,Feminist Theory,UnitedStates Supreme Court,Global Cities:Istanbul,Globalization,and
· Key Skills & Abilities: Research, Critical Thinking,Writing,Organization,Political Analysis,Leadership,
Conflict Resolution,and Social Media.
Senator Gillibrand'sRochester Office | Spring semester 2014
· My responsibilities inthis positioninclude assisting withgeneral office duties such as answering phone calls
and letters,assisting casework,inputting data,writing greeting letters,and sending press clips to the
WashingtonD.C office. Communication and listening skills were essential during this internship due to a
high volume of concerned constituents.
· Teaching assistant | Critical Thinking in Politics class | Fall Semester of 2012
· My responsibilities inthis positionincludedgiving presentations to freshmenabout how to succeedin
college,holding office hours so students could talk to me about any issues,and creating writing
workshops to help improve their writtenwork. I also helped students struggling withthe course material
which included political theoryandthe historyof political thought.
Political Science Club Secretary | 2012-2013
· In this club I was responsible for public relations whichinclude running the club email and Facebook
page. I also used Photoshop to make advertisements for various programs the club organized and often
lead discussions at general meetings.
Wellness Consultant | Massage Envy | January 2014 - Present
· As a wellness consultant I have further developedmy communicationand interpersonal skills.Myduties
include speaking to new guests both before and after their sessions at Massage Envy and also enrolling
them in the membership program. In the past year that I have been working at Massage Envy I have
helped the clinic achieve the highest closing percentage rate of any of the other clinics inthe Rochester
area. I am also responsible for opening and closing the clinic,keeping track of inventory,and handling
customer service issues.I also help keep our client's informationorganizedand ready for the massage
therapists.I answer phones and book appointments keeping in mind each persons individual needs.