NASA Space App Challenge-Team: Hello World
We would like to solve the “Clean Water Mapping” problem. Access to drinking water remains a significant challenge in rural areas of the developing world where its users, type of access and access limitations are largely unknown. Our target is to develop a crowd-sourcing app through which people will monitor and map Clean Water Sources. Hence access to drinking water will be ensured in each and every corner of the World.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NASA Space App Challenge-Team: Hello World
Water Water Everywhere,
Mark It Safe If You Care
TEAM: HELLO WORLD
• About the project:
• Name: Water Water Everywhere, Mark It Safe if You Care.
• Area of Challenge: Clean Water Mapping (Category: Earth)
• Impact of this Project:
• To ensure water access for 783 million people who do not have access to clean and safe water. 
• 443 million school days are lost each year due to water-related diseases. 
• More than 8.4 lakhs people die from Water related diseases.
• Targeted User:
• The 783 million people who do not have access to clean and safe water.
• People Working with Water Resource Management.
• How this Project is Creative and different:
• An app for Mapping Safe Drinking through Crowdsourcing.
• Will be able to identify water stress for a specific Area rather a whole country as traditional systems.
• Free access for the Contributors (Will provide information) and Seekers (Will search for water source).
• Visualized the Map so that everyone can understand.
• Predict about next Drought Cycle using the Water level data.
Overview Of The App
Source Type: Pond
Screen 2: Source
Screen 3: View
Screen 4: View
• How this App fits the needs of the Challenge:
• By improving monitoring and mapping of drinking water resources through
• By identifying
• Potable water availability
• Water quality
• Contamination Types
• Up Coming Drought spells.
• Completion of the Solution:
• Not yet Completed.
• Requires more time to complete.
• Assessment of the Plan for the Next Steps:
• Technically Feasible.
• Creative and different solution to solve the challenge.
• 1. AQUASTAT. FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED
• 2. UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME. "HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
REPORT 2006: BEYOND SCARCITY: POWER, POVERTY AND THE GLOBAL WATER
CRISIS." 2006. AVAILABLE