Presskit Japonismo (May 2015 version)
Presskit of Japonismo, the Japanese culture and travel information reference in the Spanish market. Updated May 2015 with visits going up compared to last year.
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Presskit Japonismo (May 2015 version)
The best way to talk about Japan
Presskit (May 2015)
What is Japonismo?
• Japonismo emerges with the aim to talk about Japan and
Japanese culture globally from an informative academic
point of view without this meaning its contents are tiresome
or difficult to follow.
• Our objective is getting to any Spanish-speaker interested in
Japan and addressing broad, varied subjects which usually
cannot be found in sites about Japan in Spanish.
In Japonismo we talk about:
• Travelling and Tourism;
• Modern and Traditional Culture;
• Easy recipes to cook at home;
• Society, Sociology and Anthropology;
• Japanese Trains and Shinkansen;
• Traditional sports such as Sumo;
• Book reviews and articles on Japanese literature;
• Dorama and film reviews;
• Articles on Japanese cinema;
• Latest news on Japan;
• And any other subject related to Japan and the Japanese
which attracts our attention.
Who are we?
Japonismo is a project driven and directed by:
Laura Tomàs. BA in Translation and Interpreting with English and Japanese,
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). Postgraduate Degree in Society and
Culture of East Asia and Master Degree in Society and Culture of East Asia,
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC). She studied for a year in Kyoto
University of Foreign Studies and lived in Osaka for another year where she
worked as a Spanish teacher. She’s worked as a translator and online
community manager for different companies.
Luis Rodríguez. Masters Degree in Telecommunications Engineering,
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), currently studying a Masters Degree
in China and Japan: Modern World, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC).
He’s working as Head of Communication and Social Media in an advertising
agency, and he’s also a professor at different social media and online
marketing masters and postgraduate courses. He’s published articles on
mobile apps and online marketing in specialized media, amongst other
Japonismo aims to be an open space where passionate scholars on Japan
can publish their articles on specialized subjects. That’s why we are proud to
have articles by:
• Jesús Espí: Doctor in Molecular Biology. Manga and anime translator.
• Eduardo de Paz: Creator of Sumo Japonés, writer and translator of Sumo
Fan Magazine, Eurosport contributor and author of Sumo, la lucha de los
• Juan Manuel Corral: Usual contributor in specialized media and El
Marcapáginas (radio) and author of different books on cinema, including
Cine erótico a la japonesa.
• Andreu Escrivà: BSc in Environmental Science, Master in Biodiversity and
former pre-doctorate research intern in Ecology. His thesis brought him to
• Clara Feliu: BA in Audio-visual Communication. Audio-visual and Cinema
in the media
• El Mundo/Expansión. Social Media y Big Data. Special about online advertising with declarations
from Luis Rodríguez (30/01/2015)
• Pikara Magazine. Vagones para mujeres, ¿solución o parche al acoso sexual en el transporte
• El Economista. 8 razones por las que viajar a Japón en verano (21/7/2014).
• Leemon Visual. Interviewing Laura Tomàs on Japan (21/7/2014)
• Augure. Interviewing Luis Rodríguez on influencers’ marketing (29/04/2014)
• Estudis de l’Àsia Oriental (UOC). La fi de l’hegemonia del sarariiman al Japó? (25/03/2014).
• Control & Estrategias. Pongamos en valor los medios sociales (01/09/2013).
• El Periódico de la Publicidad. El futuro del márketing móvil es social (02/2013).
• Ayuda iPad. Interviewing Luis Rodríguez (26-30/05/2012)
• El blog de Sarai Llamas. Interview: Japonismo (02/03/2012)
Fundacion SGAE-“Thecityandthecinema”moviefestival. Culturaanalysis aftertheprojectionabout
Talks andConferences 2
• Travel Bloggers Meeting. Talk: Blogs, advertising and credibility. Gijón
• Generalitat de Catalunya. Participant in round table: Breakfast Club EXIT
Japó. Barcelona, 03/2014.
• Tweets Awards 2013. Talk: Japan and Twitter. Madrid, 10/2013.
• Tweets Awards Summer 2013. Talk: Twitter, Japan and language.
• FITUR 2013. Night Photography. Minube Travellers Meeting.
• FITUR 2012. Travelling to Japan with kids. Minube Travellers Meeting.
• Indiarios. Weekly section about Japan and its culture (from February to
• Paralelo 20. Japan and Tokyo, due to the Formula 1 GP in Japan
• Paralelo 20. Interview about Japan and Japonismo (27/09/2014)
• Abran Fuego. Guest judge in the gastronomy program in Madrid’s
television. Recorded, not yet aired. In Spanish.
• El Marcapáginas. Gestiona Radio. Social Media &Culture (18/07/2014)
• La magia de la publicidad. Capital Radio. Social Media and Influencer
• Fin de Semana. Cadena Cope. Japan at a glance (23/02/2014)
• La Tarda. Cadena COPE Catalunya i Andorra. Japan, gastronomy and
• Onda Viajera. Onda CRO. Everything about Japan (03/07/2013)
• Ningú es perfecte. Cadena Pirenaica. Japan and its gastronomy
• Márketing Gastronómico. Gastroradio. Social Media, blogs and
visibility for restaurants and small businesses (25/12/2012)
Monthly and Yearly
May 2015 Data
50% sessions from
Spain followed by
Mexico (14.5%) and
Apart from Spain, LATAM is a very interesting market for Japonismo:
1 in every 3 users that read Japonismo come from this region.
May 2015 DataDemographics
Yearly Site Stats
The constant growthin visits and pageviews is easily noted.
59% sessions from
Spain followed by
and Japan (5%).
In this yearly view, its notorious how LATAM is a market with a constant
interest for Japonismo’s contents, with 7 countries in the top 10.
• 17 189 followers (+800 new followers each month)
• Support from individual accounts by Japonismo creators (+27 550 y
• 16 109 likes (+1000 new fans each month) – complemented with
ads in this platform
• 47 742 followers (+1500 new users each month%)
• 3 401 061 visits (+300 000 visits each month%)
May 2015 data
• 644 followers (+30 new users each month)
• 2707 followers (+400 new followers each month)
• New focus for Japonismo in 2015 with a content strategy that is
paying off with great number of likes per photo.
• 830 by email
• 649 by Feedly
March 2015 data
• In Japonismo we really care for the quality of our articles, so we are
looking for means of advertising adapted to our content.
• We look for types of advertising which can be interesting for our
readers and that give satisfactory results to our advertisers.
• For that reason, we prefer one-to-one agreements with companies
related with Japan or whose business scope is related withJapan or
any of the content typologies already present in Japonismo.
• For the company, Japonismo’s audience is highly segmented as
all of them show interest in Japan, so ROI will be higher.
• We offer different options:
• Banners on the whole site.
• Banners only on the homepage
• Banners only in s specific category (for example, in “Gastronomy”
or “Travelling to Japan”).
• Agreements, contributions and different types of sponsorships.
• Japonismo’s homepage is one of the top 5 most visited pages of
the site, so advertising there ensures a high number of
Option 1: Header banner 728x90
• Placed next to Japonismo’s logo.
• Visible throughout the site.
• Great visibility.
Option 2: Homepage banner 970x90
• Placed on the homepage, after the carrousel of latest posts, one of
the most visited areas of the whole site.
• Great visibility given its position and size.
Option 3: Homepage banner 728x90
• Placed on the homepage after “Travelling to Japan” and “Geishas”
and before “Cinema and TV”.
Option 4: Side menu banner 336x280 (NOT AVAILABLE)
• Placed on the sidebar in the first position.
• Its position may be changed (up/down).
• Currently in use and not available.
Option 5: Footer banner 125x125
• Placed on the footer – 2 available slots.
• Ideal for low-cost advertising or for specific sponsorship agreements.
Other types of collaboration
• Given that we prefer one-to-one agreements with companies related to
Japan somehow, we can reach specific agreements on other types of
advertising, sponsorship or contribution which benefits both parties.
• We can also create editorial content related to Japan for external sites.
• We can offer our extensive portfolio of pictures about Japan or we can
photograph anything you need.
• We can give lectures and talks about Japan on different subjects.
• We have experience in social media management, strategy planning,
content writing and monitoring social channels.
• Ask us if you have specific requirements for your business.
If you want to advertise your company in Japonismo or
contribute somehow, please contact us via email address: