Zsquare4theCure is dedicated to raise awareness about breast cancer among black women in West Africa . OUr mission is to Empower , educate women about breast cancer and preventives tips to Eradicate the taboos and misconceptions about this disease. For more information , please visit our website : www.zsquare4theCure.com and our FB page :www.facebook.com/zsquare4thecure"> www.facebook.com/zsquare4thecure Please help us with your small donation Go to our Fund page here http://www.gofundme.com/53viyc
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Presenting zsquare4thecure
By Lisette Zounon, CC
Advanced Communication Manual
Project #2 : The Proposal
Time 8-10 min
Q&A : 3- 5 min
Zsquare4theCure, is a foundation dedicated
to raising awareness about breast cancer in
West Africa, among black women,
especially African descendants in Benin,
Togo, Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire (West Africa)
and women in rural communities in
Facts about Breast Cancer
• Breast cancer is the most common cancer
among black women.
• Breast Cancer is the second leading cause
of death among black women worldwide.
• Every 19 seconds , somewhere in the
world , someone is diagnosed of breast
• Every 74 seconds , someone dies from
breast cancer , somewhere in the world.
• Socio Economic and cultural influence
contribute to the nature of the tumor
manifestation, progression and mortality .
• Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC)
affect more black women that all other
races combined .
• Recent research has shown that TNBC
causes may likely lay in the African
Breast cancer in Africa
High numbers of breast cancer case at the latest stage .
The cost of treatment and screening is very expensive and
therefore a lot of women cannot afford.
Cancer is “Obosam disease” (devil's disease) and for which
reason doctors are unable to treat the disease.
Financial constraint was described as a major obstacle to
accessing health care in general and breast cancer care in
Attitude towards breast cancer and breast screening
practices varied including fear, denial and guilt.
• Empower, Educate, Eradicate
• Empower women in West Africa by bringing
awareness to breast cancer in Benin, Togo,
Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire
• Educate women in rural communities about
preventives tips so breast cancer can be
• Eradicate the social taboo about breast cancer
by providing treatments to show that there is a
life after breast cancer.
• Zsquare4thecure was created in April 2012
• Lisette Zounon : from Benin, lives in Dallas, TX :
Founder and CEO
• Laure Amegnran , from Togo , lives in Detroit ,
• Gisele Vedogbeton from Benin, lives Accra ,
Ghana & New York , NY: CFO
• Regional Coordinators in Benin, Togo, Ghana
and Cote D’ivoire
• Awareness and Screening Campaign : provide
education and information sessions about breast
cancer , then a FREE Screening .
• Hospital , clinic , church , School , office,
• "Soirée Espoire en Rose" is an event to
celebrate the hope for a life without breast
• Collaborate with research centers for focused
group based activities relevant to our
Experts doctors and gynecologists
Nurses , pastors and clergy
Women health organization
Women Leadership organization
• Any organization wanted to join our cause
2013 Activities- accra, GHANA
Zumba for the Cure
• 10/20 : Awareness and Screening
Campaign at Gospel Light Church ,
Accra , Ghana
• 10/25: Awareness and Screening
Campaign at ATBF Clinic in Lome , Togo
• 10/26 Zumba for the Cure,The Colony, TX
• TBA- Awareness and Screening
Campaign in Cote D’ivoire and Benin
How To Get Involved
Join as a volunteer or an ambassador. We
called our ambassador : "Amazone-enRose" .
• Attend our events by participating or
volunteering for the success of our projects
• Find us partners and sponsors to help
fund our projects .
• Donate money –the cost of an
annual Screening for a women is
we guarantee a minimum of 80% of all revenues (donations and merchandizes sales will
How to contact us
• Twitter: @Zsquare