Pooja joshy organiations study at sud chemie
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pooja joshy organiations study at sud chemie
A REPORT ON
Roll no :21
• Sud-Chemie India is engaged in the manufacturing of catalysts for
various applications, having two Manufacturing facilities.
• One in cochin (kerala) and the other in Barod (gujarat).
• Manufacturing operation was started in 1970.
• They are engaged in the manufacturing of Adsorbents and
catalysts for chemical companies.
• Divisions of Sud-Chemie group is spread all over the globe including
major countries like U.S, Germany, Japan, India, Italy, South Africa,
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
• To understand the structure of the organization and the key functional
departments of the organization.
• To have a clear knowledge of the organisation
• To understand how information is used in the organization for decision
making at various levels.
• To familiarize with the different departments in the organization and their
• To relate theory with practice.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
• The study was conducted mainly through interviews & interactions, and
chances of bias may exist.
• Non- availability of data with in the limited time.
• Organization was reluctant to disclose matters related to the internal affairs
of the company.
• The duration of study was limited to one month
• catalysis is a phenomenon, in which a relatively small amount of the foreign
material called a catalyst, increases the rate of a chemical reaction.
• While interacting with the reactions, the catalyst enters in to the reaction
cycle, and is regenerated in its last step.
Progress of reaction
• Listed Globally Active German MNC
• 150 years of tradition and experience
• Headquarters at Munich - Germany
Plant at Heufeld - Germany in 1857
• Catalyst Technology
• Adsorbents & Additives
• Environmental Technology
• In 2011 Süd-Chemie become part of Clariant, the world leader in specialty
chemicals. Clariant took over sud-chemie globally.
Established in 1969.
Started operation in 1970 at Edayar Cochin,
Equal partnership with Sud Chemie AG; Germany & Lalljee & Sons; India.
Corporate office at Delhi.
Branch office at Mumbai.
Edayar, Kerala ( Registered Office)
Located in Edayar I.D.A.
22 Acres of Land
Started Commercial production in 1970
95 workmen & 56 Executives
3 Shift Operations
• C12(Iron oxide catalyst)
• C18(copper zinc catalyst)
• C116(vanadium pent oxide)
• PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT
• HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
• FINANCE DEPARTMENT
• IT DEPARTMENT
• PURCHASE DEPARTMENT
• STORE DEPARTMENT
• MAINTENCE DEPARTMENT
• R&D DEPARTMENT
• QA DEPARTMENT
Functional Departments Of SUD-CHEMIE
• CEO is the overall in charge
• He is maintaining the operations and its planning and control from
top to bottom.
• Manager Production is in charge of production department he is
working in liaison with marketing department people at Delhi and
Bombay for planning the production
• The success of any organization lies in its human resource
• Sud-chemie has an efficient and effective ,fully fledged human resource department
• HR department is maintaining the employee records which contain all the details
Human resource department
• Chief designation is the Head of the department
• He is the chief official in reporting all the major finance related activities to the
The following are the sub departments which are directly controlled by him.
• Sales and dispatch
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER FINANCE
ASST. MANAGER FINANCE
• This department is responsible for the development and maintenance of ERP system
implemented in the company.
• Both the hardware and software problems are addressed by this department.
• in Sud-Chemie and in house developed ERP system is used known as EIH
(enterprise in harmony). This system currently in the developing phase. Currently
the purchase, finance, QA, store modules are already implemented. The hardware
for all the ERP system is already implemented in all the departments.
USERS USERS USERS USERS
FINANCE PURCHASE QA
• Purchase department personnels are responsible for the purchase of raw
material, office stationeries, spares for office and machineries etc.
• Purchase department is linked with all the other departments.
• Purchase department is responsible for the selection of vendors, inviting
quotations, tenders etc.
GENERAL MANAGER CORPORATE
ASST. MANAGER PURCHASE
HEAD COMMERCIAL (DELHI)
• Activities of this department are controlled by stores in charge
• He will be reporting to the HOD production.
• He is responsible for the safe keeping of the materials and issuing the same
when a demand note received from an authenticated official.
• He maintains a close contact with the purchase department
Research and development Department
• Sud-Chemie India started its R & D activities along with the commencement
of manufacturing operations in 1970.
• Because catalyst technology is highly research oriented and have to keep
pace with the developments worldwide.
• Today Sud-Chemie has to it’s credit, the honor of developing more than 20
catalysts, all of which are performing successfully in India and abroad
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER R & D
ASST. MANAGER R & D
HOD RESEARCH AND
• All the maintenance works are planned and carried out by the maintenance
• The main activities carried out by the maintenance department is planning
and scheduling of preventive maintenance works, attending breakdown
issues due to machine failure, etc
Asst. Manager (Maintanance)
Executive Electrical 3Executive Electrical 2Executive Electrical 1
•The organization has its branches all around the world.
•Improved innovative ability.
•Consistent Customer Orientation
•Research and Development
• Better Use of Natural Resources
• New markets
• GTL Technology
• High level of competition.
• Emergence of new manufacturing companies in the market.
• The production department is having all machineries for the efficient
• Proper production planning
• Normal production raw materials are purchased on regular basis.
• No major environmental pollution has been reported for the past 50 years of
• The company is providing good working conditions.
• New technology of membranes cell has the advantage of pollution free
• The new workers are selected through the efficient selection process.
• The quality of the products manufactured in the company is very high.
• To solve any existing problems at any department
• To provide facilities for entertainment for all the employees
• Give additional benefits when employees do their work in over time
• To increase the training period and include more training programmes;
because the trained employees can do the work easily and efficiently
• To maintain the friendship between workers and supervisors
• Improve the medical facilities by providing free medicines and treatments
• Certain organizational characterizes like the flow of information, decision
making process , functionaries in the organization could be visible from
• There has to exist a strong relation between groups / teams in the
organization and an underlying spirit for the fulfillment of the set
• This study was done with a prime motive of analyzing and understanding
the overall functions of an organization and its various departments,
reporting and control procedures and the ways in which each department of
an organization is interdependent in smooth functioning of an organization
as a system.