National Weighing and Instruments
National Weighing & Instruments, are specialists in weighing equipments, weight bridges, retail weighing solutions, laboratory equipment, testing & measurement equipment, committed to excel in everything we do. We have sales and service facilities in Sydney, Melbourne & Adelaide, with agents throughout Australia.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - National Weighing and Instruments
National Weighing and Instruments: Maintaining
Quality since 1994
National Weighing and Instruments is a well known Australian company with 21 years of
experience in sales, repair and calibration of measuring equipment. Our equipments are used in
laboratories and manufacturing companies for various purposes. There is a wide range of
products which we sell from our offices across Australia like Balances, Scales, Medical Weighing,
Indicators, Weighbridges, Load cells and Mount Kits, In line Check Weighers, Software’s and
1. Balances: A balance is equipment which is used in the laboratory to measure the weight of
a substance like chemical. Before we use this equipment it is required to check whether it
reads 0.0000g or not. In case it reads anything else than 0.0000g, press the tare button to
recalibrate the device.
There are various kinds of balances available like:
High Capacity Precision Balances
Value weighing Balances
2. Scales: These are also used to measure weight as that of balances but there is a difference
between the two. It works on the basis of Hooke’s law which says:
Where F is the Force
K is the spring constant
X is the distance the spring is flexed
There are different types of scales available like Counting, Bench Platform, Floor, Crane,
Pallet, Forklift and Dial.
3. Indicators: This device is used to display the weight measured by scales in laboratories. It
is capable of handling complex calculations and can transfer the data to other devices to
support back office management.
Types of indicators available:
Calibration and Service
4. Weighbridges: It’s a large set of scales, generally used in industries to measure the weight
of huge machines, vehicles like trucks or rail.
Various types of Weighbridges used are:
5. Load cell and Mount Kits: The load cell is a type of transducer used to create an electrical
signal whose magnitude is directly proportional to the force being measured.
Various types of Load cell used are:
Hygienic Weighing module
Button Load Cells
6. Retail Shop Scales: These types of scales are used in retail shops to weigh grocery.
Various types of retail shop scales used are:
Simple Shop Scales
Multi Scale System
Hanging Dial Scale
7. Wine Analysis Equipments: As the name says, these are the equipments used to analyze
the quality of the wine produced. Right amount of glycerol tells us about the smoothness
of the wine.
Various types of Wine analysis equipments used are:
Electronic Distilling Units
Digital Density Meters
Automated Enzyme Analysis
Neucleo Yeast Analyser
8. Production Equipments: These equipments come to use while testing various
manufactured products, labs and factories.
Various types of production equipments used are:
Cap Torque Tester
9. Softwares: These are the softwares used in plants by the engineers for efficient
production. Various types of softwares used are:
Use our products at your lab or factory for various purposes and give a feedback to us.
Feedback always helps in improving the efficiency of any product.
NATIONAL WEIGHING & INSTRUMENTS