Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Political JacquelynLeonardKF
JACQUELYN L. LEONARD
7169 Susquehanna Drive • Tobyhanna, PA 18466 • 570-401-2257 • firstname.lastname@example.org
“PROVEN COMMUNITY LEADER AND EFFECTIVE MANAGER”
PROFILE OF QUALIFICATIONS
An ambitious and diligent leader with extensive management and team leadership experience in a variety of
political and professional settings. Successfully launched and led campaigns which resulted in nomination and
election to administrative positions on a local and state level. Advanced expertise in public speaking, budget
finance, fundraising, contract negotiations, compliance and networking. Goal-oriented and community-
centered, with avid business development and economic skills, fused with an entrepreneurial spirit which has
led to several prosperous projects and initiatives, including the successful ownership of multiple properties
throughout Monroe County. Most notably, an invoker of transformational change, utilizing budget finance
skills to turn a $13M deficit in to a $42M dollar surplus with four years of service as School Board District
CORE COMPENTECY AREAS
• Relationship Development
• Staff Recruitment-Team
• Detail Oriented
• Campaign Software
• Strategic Planning
• Campaign Management
• Organizational Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Creative Thinking-Problem
• Media and Public Relations
POCONO MOUNTAIN SCHOOL DISTRICT, SWIFTWATER, PA (2011– PRESENT)
School Board Director
Oversee various labor contract negotiations, creation of policy, as well as manage and evaluate
performance of personnel on a district-wide level. Responsible for monitoring and assessment budgets,
as well as appropriation of resources conducive to size of organization. Actively serve as the legislative
liaison between the school board, and state elected officials, President of the Monroe County Career and
Technical School Joint Operating Board, Chairman of the All Day Comprehensive School Task Force
and PSBA Assistant Regional Director for Monroe County.
• Orchestrated successful campaign, resulting in election to position. Spoke at various public events and
raised funds to support campaign efforts.
• Effected change, leading the transformation of a $200 million, 2,000 employee, 9,000 student public
• Transformed budget with a $13M deficit in to a $42M surplus within three years.
PENNSYLVANIA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, 115TH
DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA (2013 - 2014)
Republican Primary Candidate
Earned nomination as candidate for 115th
House District of Pennsylvania, utilizing advertising and
marketing skills to develop campaign through various forms of media, including: television, social
media and print. Effectively created and communicated campaign strategy, goals and vision.
• Successfully lead a grass roots effort consisting of a forty-plus member team, to obtain over 700 election
petition signatures to earn placement on the primary election ballot.
• Raised $25,000 in campaign contributions.
• Utilized public speaking and campaign management skills at various venues; speaking at numerous
events and functions before thousands of citizens.
SANOFI - PASTUER, SWIFTWATER, PA (2002 – 2014)
Senior Lab Analyst – Global Clinical Immunology
Perform development, optimization, qualification and validation of clinical methods (RIA, ELISA and
HEP B Ortho) in support of human proof of concept studies as well as post licensure studies.
Subsequently monitor, handle and account for radiation procedures within GCI as per the DEPPA.
Served as a Microsoft Office Project Manager and helped facilitate all safety procedures required in the
Global Clinical Immunology Department. Actively troubleshoot PRP RIA and HEP B Assays. Enforce
and ensure compliance with all FDA standards and regulatory requirements.
• Successfully led several projects at Sanofi Pasteur, including: the Development of the PRP ELISA, Hep
A & the Validation of the Ortho Vitros ECiQ for Hep B.
• Created and developed procedures to secure data associated with the Hep B Ortho Vitros ECiQ
• Trained numerous people in Hep B assays and clinical testing via RIA and ELISA methods.
• Certified and trained in all safety procedures, adhering to the highest standard of compliance.
• Gained experience in the safe and secure handling of radiation.
THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY, PHILADELPHIA, PA (1991 – 2001)
Managed and maintained all laboratories, assisted Principal Investigator with all laboratory experiments
aiding in the advancement of cancer research by increasing grant funding.
• Served as chief conductor of laboratory research, pertaining to serum protein and monoclonal and
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Masters of Science (Cohort), Microbiology and Immunology
THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY, PHILADELPHIA, PA
Bachelors of Science, Biology
MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY, MILLERSVILLE, PA
MEMBER OF MONROE COUNTY TECHNICAL SCHOOL JOINT OPERATING COMMITTEE
ACTIVE PARTICIPANT IN BIG BROTHERS AND BIG SISTERS, MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION AND TOYS FOR TOTS
FOUNDER OF RHO KAPPA CHI – MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY