2014 Indoor Pond Hockey Classic Invitation (English)
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - 2014 Indoor Pond Hockey Classic Invitation (English)
AN INVITATION …
it’s that time again …
… time to put on Your
SO, GEAR UP BUTTERCUP!
AND REGISTER ...
... FOR THE 2nd ANTW
POND HOCKEY TOURNAMENT!
The game of ice hockey once was pure... on the frozen ponds. Far away
from NHL millionaires locking out players. Without overpriced beer at
concession stands and without the steady drone of techno music.
We are taking hockey back! Back to the pond were it all began. True,
we're limited. We don't have the same sub-zero temperatures as our
Canadian stickbro's. So, we decided to bring the game indoors but the
That's why on Saturday April 26th & Sunday April 27th, 2014 we invite
you and your best mates to participate in the 2nd Indoor Pond Hockey
Classic at the Ruggeveld Ice Rink in Antwerp (Deurne), Belgium.
Register your team to enjoy a weekend of hockey fun and great buddy
times to end the season!
See you there! – Chilly Pete
• Once again, we are going to turn the Ruggeveld ice
rink into an ‘indoor’ hockey pond!
• Games will be played on two boarded hockey
surfaces (end boards to blue line – playing cross-ice)
and a genuine neutral terrace deck in the neutral zone
with tables for the fans!
• No ice fishing though... so don't drill any holes into
Address: IJsbaan Ruggeveld, Ruggeveldlaan 488, 2100 Deurne, Belgium
• Teams (6 players +1 goalie) will be divided into
several pools, playing round robin games of 15
minutes running time.
• Top seeded teams will play for the tournament title in
a final round, all other teams will play for a final
• A maximum of 30 teams can register... (with a
minimum of 15).
• So, be quick to enter your team!
• Pond Hockey is pure hockey. No Cups,
No Medals. The glory of victory is
• But hey, don’t worry. If you win, we’ll
give you a prize ...
Rock on Buttercup!
• Some rules were meant to be broken... but
NOT these. Respect 'em and play the game
how it should be played. You'll be rewarded
knowing you're a good sport.
1. Teams consist of maximum 6 players & 1 goalie and minimum 4 players & 1 goalie
2. Each game goes 15 minutes without stoppage – that will be enough ...
3. 4-on-4 format: 3 players & 1 goalie on the pond – only your best hockey buddies ...
4. Substitution of players: made on the fly anytime – you will get tired ...
5. Teams wear the same color jerseys – 'cause you don't want to pass to the wrong guy ...
6. No slapshots – No body checks – hey, we have to work on Monday!
7. No fights! – You fight, you're gone, out, finished! We just wanna have fun!
8. All participants have proper insurance (RBIHF or private) & wear full equipment – Safety first!
9. After a goal (or infraction) mid-ice face-off & a penalty = penalty shot – That's only fair …
10. There is no icing and no offside. Goals can be scored from anywhere on the ice – All right!
• BBQ Meat! The genuine pond hockey grub!
• Of course you will be hungry after an intense hockey
scrimmage on the pond. So we arranged sandwiches
for every lunch and BBQ meat with a salad bar buffet
on Saturday night … And when you get the munchies,
there will be some hot soup and chicken wings …
You'll love it!
• For the hungriest hockey heroes, there is lots of extra
chicken wings for a little cash.
• And after the games you can get out of your wet
clothes, shower and dress up with the official pond
logo T-shirt* to drink that last cold beer in the
• At least you'll have something to prove you survived
the 2nd pond hockey tournament in Antwerp, Belgium
of all places ... Or start collectig those prized logo Tshirts …
• At the 1st edition, many people asked us if the famous
hoodie was for sale… Good News! Now it is! For an
extra 45€ it’s yours to keep (pre-order & pre-pay)!
*Free T-shirt for all entries before March 15th –
Possibility to purchase after that date
• A whole weekend of playing hockey with
your mates, plenty of free food and a
vintage pond hockey T-shirt* for only
• That's a treat!
*If you register before March 15th, 2014
**Teams consisting of maximum 1 goalie and 6 players pay 455€/team
**Teams consisting of maximum 1 goalie and 5 players pay 390€/team
**Teams consisting of minimum 1 goalie and 4 players pay 325€/team.
How to Register?
Complete & Return Registration Form to
Pay the amount due via the following bank account:
BNPPARISBASFORTIS – IBAN 29 0014 9785 1364
Don't forget to mention your Team Name and N° of
Add yourself on Hockey Community via your FB
http://hockey-community.com/event/66902ndindoorpondhock to stay in touch with all
participants! Updates are posted here!
Registration* closes on April 1st and that’s no joke!
*The Organizing Committee may modify the format of the event depending on registrations.
• On April 10th you’ll receive
your team schedule & all
practical instructions for a
• All tournament info will be
available on the HC page.
• What participants of the 1st
edition (24 teams) said …
Bart Vancorenland (Leest Devils - BEL): “Count the Devils in for the 2nd
Justin Parker (GK Flyers - GER): “My guys are very excited to participate in
your tournament again this year, it was one of the best I have been to!”
Paul De Heer (Zoermeer Panters - NED): “You can count on at least two
teams of the Untamed Panthers. We’re already excited about the event!”
2nd Indoor Pond Hockey Classic
in a nutshell …
Sandwich Lunch (ham & cheese) on Sat. 26.04;
Hot Tomato Soup on Sat. 26.04;
BBQ & Salad bar on Sat. Evening;
Sandwich Lunch (ham & cheese) on Sun. 27.04;
Chicken wings on Sun. 27.04 afternoon;
Vintage quality T-shirt with the famous IPHC logo;
Two days of ice hockey fun with your buddies!
All this for 65€ per person!
What are you waiting for? Sign up!
See you there…