Natural Resources in Pakistan
Natural Resources in Pakistan.....
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Natural Resources in Pakistan
Dream Of A
Founded by a great man
Quaid-e-azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah
He gave us three dictums
• Unity • Faith • Discipline
•Located in South East Asia.
•Created on August 14, 1947.
•Area covering 796,095 km2
•Population exceeding 180 million people.
•Official language is Urdu
• More than 132 universities
• Higher education system includes the public,
private, military and vocational universities
•National Game - Hockey
• Most Popular Game - Cricket
• Pakistani food is known to its richness
• It has been partly influenced by Arab,
Persians, and Indians cuisine, it retains
its own distinct Pakistani flavour.
•There are more than six
hundred pakistani musical
•The most well known are:
• Pakistan is home to many verieties of
• Some of them are
• Pakistan’s largest and oldest and world second largest salt
mine is in Khewra, Punjab.
• The Khewra Salt Mine is also known as Mayo Salt Mine, in
honour of Lord Mayo, who visited it as Viceroy of India.
• The salt reserves at Khewra were discovered when
Alexander the Great crossed the Jhelum and Mianwali
region during his Indian campaign. The mine was
discovered, however, not by Alexander, nor by his allies,
but by his army's horses, when they were found licking the
Salt Mine at Khewra
Mosque at Khewra Salt Mine
Reflection in Salty Water
Copy of Minar-e-Pakistan Made of Rock Salt
Crystal Valley, a tunnel with crystals in the wall and roof,
illuminated by colorful lights
• Pakistan has world 5th
• It is also named as BLACK GOLD.
• Found in huge quantities in Thar, Quetta,
Makarwal, Harnai, Chamalong.
Main entrance of a mine located on the Quetta-Sibi
Coal Mine at Balochistan
These trolleys were powered by small motors
and are used to bring out coal sacks from
inside the mine
Inside the mine: The lift system which takes coal and
miners up and down between the mine and the
A tired miner sits on a coal sack, waiting for the
supervisor to ring the bell so that he can go up.
COPPER and Gold Mine
• In Reko Diq, Baluchistan deposits of copper and gold are
present. It is world 7th
• Copper and gold are some highly precious metals. They
are used for making ornaments, utensils and decorative
• Copper is used in electrical equipment, power and
communication transmission lines.
Gold and Copper Mine
Trolly in a Copper Mine
Copper melt in a foundry
• Total dams and reservoirs in Pakistan over the height
of 15 m (49 ft) are 143.
• Tarbela Dam is the largest earth filled dam in the
world and is second largest by the structural volume.
• Tarbela, Rawal, Mangla, Khanpur are some dams of
• Pakistan’s river system consists of more than 60 small
and large rivers.
• Jhelum River, Chenab River, Ravi River, Sutlej River,
Kabul River etc are some main rivers of Pakistan.
• Indus River, with an overall length of around 3200 KM
and total estimated annual flow of 207 billion cubic
meters, is Pakistan’s longest and largest river.