Prevent Staph Skin Infections
Most recognized antibacterial soap i.e. Defense Soap is here with information on staph skin infections. Staph bacteria is a common issues for athletes and people involved in close contact activities. Please share the information with people who need it.
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Prevent Staph Skin Infections
Skin Infections BY: Defense Soap
Table of Content
Staph skin Infections
Causes (Staph skin Infections)
Symptoms (Staph skin Infections)
Prevent getting or spreading skin infections
Staph Infections and Kids
Hand Washing to Prevent Staph Infections
Natural Treatment for Staph Infections
Bathing with Defense Shower Gel
These bacteria can live
harmlessly on many skin
surfaces. But when the skin
is punctured or broken for
any reason, staph bacteria
can enter the wound and
cause an infection.
Staph Skin Infections
Staph infections in other
parts of the body are less
common than on skin. They
are more likely in people with
weak immune systems.
Poor hygiene is the main
reason. People can get staph
infections from contaminated
objects, but staph bacteria
often spread through skinto
Symptoms (Staph Skin Infections)
A high fever
Nausea and vomiting
Rash resembles sunburn
Red, irritated orpainful skin
Prevent Getting or Spreading
• Report any skin lesions or sores to your coaching staff
• Get rashes and sores evaluated by a medical provider
before practice or competition.
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and clean
• Wash your hands after using shared equipment (such
as barbells and free weights).
• Use a clean towel as a barrier between your bare skin
and shared surfaces e.g. exercise equipment
• Avoid contact with others' lesions and possibly
contaminated items e.g. bandages, towels, or gear.
• Do not pick or squeeze skin sores, which can worsen
an infection and possibly spread it to others.
• Completely and securely cover skin infections that
are not contagious (such as eczema) before practice,
meets, or games.
• Do not share towels, cloths, soap, razors,
toothbrushes, or personal items including deodorants,
lotions, ointments, gels, or creams.
• Wash towels after each use, using hot water with
detergent (and bleach if possible) and dry completely
on high heat setting.
• Wash and disinfect, as indicated, personal and
shared athletic gear, mats and equipment..
• Launder uniforms and other clothing after every use.
• Shower with soap (preferably liquid, not bar, soap)
before using whirlpools, cold tubs, steam rooms, or
• Do not use whirlpools, cold tubs, steam rooms, or
saunas if sores, scratches, scrapes, or wounds are
present anywhere on your body.
• Do not share cell phones, beverage containers (such
as water bottles or sports drinks) or anything else that
has contact with an affected skin area.
Staph Infections and Kids
Staph skin infections
can also affect your kids.
Teach your children to
wash their hands often
with soap and water for
at least 15 seconds.
Other Tips For Your Kids
• Teach your children use hand sanitizers or wipes
when washing isn't possible.
• Teach your children not to share towels, uniforms,
or other items that come into contact with bare skin.
• Keep open skin clean and covered with dry
bandages until healed.
• Encourage your children to clean shared sports
equipment with antiseptic solution before each use.
• If your child has dry skin or a skin condition, use
creams and moisturizers regularly.
Hand Washing To Prevent Staph
Hand washing (hand hygiene) is
best to prevent the spread of skin
infections in any setting.
• Wet your hands with clean
water and apply soap.
• Rub hands together to make a
lather for 20 seconds.
• Rinse hands well with clean
• Dry your hands using a paper
towel or air dryer.
Natural Treatment for Staph
Tea tree oil for Staph Infections
Tea tree oil is a potential
treatment for skin
ailments. If you are
unfortunate enough to get
a staph infection, tea tree
oil is able to treat the
symptoms associated with
such bacterial conditions.
Bathing with Defense Soap Shower Gel
Defense soap shower gel is
your defense against skin
problems like Staph skin
infections. The best part is
this product is made up of
100 % natural ingredients.
“Hygiene is The Key To Be Safe”!!!
Learn more about hygiene with most respected