Preventing data loss OS
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Preventing data loss OS
PREVENTING DATA LOSS
JESSYLIANA ANAK JOSEPH
SANDRA ELIZABETH ANAK PHILIP
LEORNARD LIM LEE LEONG
ERRA FAZIRA BINTI RAZALI
SUZY ANAK SIBA
WHAT IS PHYSICAL BACKUP???
consists of exact copies of database directories and files.
Typically, this is a copy of all or part of the MariaDB or MySQL data
can be performed using utilities and tools, but also manually by
copying data files to a backup storage device .
Raw backups are usually faster to restore
The restore procedure is basically a simple copy of the binary files.
portable only to other machines that have identical or similar
WHAT IS LOGICAL BACKUP???
executed by querying the MariaDB or MySQL server to obtain the
database structure and the content information.
Usually, a logical backup is generated by a tool that writes all the
SQL queries required to create the tables of that database, as well as
all the insert queries required to place the information back into the
SQL dumps have the advantage of being easy to use and flexible, as the
SQL statements can be manipulated as required using standard text tools.
It is easy to restore only certain records or tables.
They are machine independent and highly portable.
Backups in logical format are large particularly when saved in text
often slow to create and restore
Backups can have an impact on the activity of a live server and
sometimes a backup or a restore activity can cause services
Two type is major to use :-1) HOT BACKUP
2) COLD BACKUP
1. Tablespace or data file-level backup, the backup time is short.
2. Backup of the database can still be used.
3. Can reach the second level recovery (return to a certain point in time).
4. Can recover almost all database entities.
5. Recovery is fast recovery in most cases in the database is still working.
1. Can not go wrong, otherwise the consequences could be serious.
2. If the backup fails, the results can not be used for point in time recovery.
3. Difficult to maintain, so be particularly careful not allowed to fail in the end.
1. Very fast backup method (just copy files)
2. Easy to archive (can simply copy)
3. Easy to restore to a point in time (just the file and then copy it back again)
4. Combined with the archive, for database "recovery”.
5. Low maintenance, high security.
1. When used alone, can only be provided to a certain point in time "recovery”.
2. In the whole process of implementation of the backup, the database must be backed
up and can not be used for other work. In other words, the database must be turned off.
3. If disk space is limited, can only copy to tape or other external storage device, the
speed will be very slow.
4. Not by table or by the user to restore.