Pork pata tim recipe
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pork pata tim recipe
http://www.kusina101.co m/2013/12/po rk-pata-tim-recipe.html
Pork Pata Tim Recipe
Go o gle+
Pork Pata T im
Filipino-Chinese Stewed Pork Pork Shank
Pata Tim is a Chinese inf luenced pork leg dish that is slowly boiled to make the meat really tender. Most
Filipino-Chinese restaurants have pata tim included in their chef 's specials.
T his dish is f ork-tender, f all-of f -the-bone pork knuckles stewed on soy sauce, oyster sauce, and rice wine.
Best eaten with rice or steamed bao buns.T he sweet-tasting lef tover sauce can be saved f or use in a later
meal to pour over steamed rice.
1 Pork Pata (pork f ront leg)
1 bulb Garlic, chopped
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
4 tbsp Soy Sauce, adjust depending on pata size
¼ cup Dried Shrimp (Hibi) – bathed in water 3 hours bef ore cooking
1. Heat the cooking oil on the wok. Use high heat.
2. Add half of the garlic. When it has browned, add the sugar and
stir until they f orm clumps.
3. Put the pata in. Add the soy sauce and adjust according to taste. Mix all of the sauces to coat the pata
4. Put water to sof ten the pata. Change to low heat. Continue adding water until the pata is tender. T his
process takes around 3-4 hours.
5. Flip to other side at most 3 times, but take care that the pata will not break apart because it is now very
6. Add the dried shrimp and cook f or 10 minutes. Add the remaining half of the garlic. Turn of f the f lame.
7. Transf er to plate and serve.