Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nathan-David
DAVID E. NATHAN
1 31 41 Chandler Blv d · Sherman Oaks, CA 91 401 · 81 8-822-7 283 · firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Management • Accounting • Business Management
Strategic Financial Accountant Professional with 7+ years experience in accounting, finance and business operations.
Experience in company divisions and mergers of mid to large corporations. Expertise in directing cross functional teams.
Exceptionally strong ability to manage computers, Oracle, and excel to streamline processes.
Intuit Inc. (NASDAQ) Woodland Hills, CA
Senior Accountant May 2015 toPresent
Responsible for all financial and merchant accounting related money movements in Credit Card or ACH payments via FDR and
Paymentech. Managing projects and initiatives and directly responsible with all financial and operational activities involving
Intuit Payment Network and Check Solutions for Quickbooks. With daily money movement totaling ~60MM daily between Intuit
its merchants and their payees. Applying a strong understanding of payments, money movement, finance, and accounting. With
very strong Oracle and Excel knowledge and skillsets.
• Daily bankreconciliations for 30+ bankaccounts. Ensure Matching of checkand ACH rejects manage customer cash and Intuit
operating cash.Reconciling bankbalance tocheckbook balance and then toGLbalance toaccount for In -transit items between the
bank and the ACH engine and isolating out revenue and seed funds.
• Effectively assess fraud risk and financial exposure over accounts and areas of responsibility. Applying judgment toensurethat
financialintegrity of accounting entries,accruals, and account reconciliations are intact,properly supported, and operating
effectively.Monitoring chargebacks and rejects daily for large increases accosiated.
• Work cross departmentally to analyze research items identify banking activ ity and correct flawed processes.
• Lead major projects to re-mend departmental disconnect related to risk, chargebacks, collections, business engine reporting and
accounting. Working with engineers and PM to get an understanding of pain points.
• Analyze and report fraud risk activities, chargeback reserves not recaptured, collection items to reserve or processed reporting not
prov ided. To maintain financial integrity and ensure accurate financial reporting.
• Support other departments with merchant accounting toeffectively solve any m oney movement matters that arise.Processing post
fees to mov e funds between these department’s accounts and to merchant accounts. Determine areas of exposure associated with
fraud and bad debt to reserv e for analy sis for write offs and their respectiv e reserv es.
• Maintaining and track customer cash balances and Intuit cash balances. Calculate Intuit liability and Intuit receivable balances. In
order track, identify , and record those amounts at any giv en moment.
• Direct our Pay ment Partner Serv ices with refunds, desktop procedures, and other accounting related matters.
• Mapping of Great Plains accounts in Oracle at month end to record the period net change.
• Month end tasks to ensure a two and a half day close followed by Oracle recons and fluctuation explanations.
• Collect source information,analyze data,compile and prepare accounting transactions,report findings,and develop
recommendations for improvements whenever possible.
United Online Inc. (NASDAQ) Woodland Hills, CA
Senior Accountant July 2013 toMay 2015
Responsible for assisting in the month end close process in according with GAAP and SOX controls. Overall review and reconcile
month-end revenue and COGS data. Financial preparation and statement analysis.
• Daily cash clearing,bank reconciliation, and cash application amongst segments of United Online’s umbrella.
• Preparation of month-endJournal Entries,for accruals, deferrals, and adjustments
• Fixed asset & prepaid expense management including P.O. creation,amortization,and retirement.
• Assist in the interim and year-end GAAPaudit procedures performed by externalauditors for the calendar and fiscal year end
audits. Preparerelated supporting schedules and documentation as required
• Ensure balances reflected in the financial statements are accurate. Perform account variance analysis and explain fluctuations
period ov er period.
• Prepare monthly gift card revenue,revenue by client, margin analyses, bad debt,deferred rev and COGS, APaccrual,and cash
Anderson L/A. (NASDAQ) Los Angeles, CA
Senior Accountant November 2011 toJuly 2013
Manage all aspects of the accounting and finance functions including audit, balance sheet management, budget, financial
reporting, general ledger, and regulatory reporting to corporate parent company (CGX). Responsible formonth end closing
procedures in accordance with GAAP and corporate policies.
• Established requirements for purchasing,production, shipping/receiving,and A/P toensureproper job costing.
• Utilized computer skills toexplore thefunctions and abilities of accounting software tostreamlineand improvevarious month end
operations, identify discrepancies, and prepareenhancedreports.
• Dev eloped estimating calculator for job quotations preparation and toprovide estimated projected job costs.
• Adjusted FG inventory torecord expenses for all monthly shipments of multiple clients’fulfillment inventory.
• Reconciled Inventory and WIPsubledgers towards the generalledger.
• Perform comprehensive IC v ariance analysis and determine root-cause for each significant variance.
• Ov erseematerial number use in purchasing and production tomaintain current cost on inventory.
Implant Direct Sybron, LLC. (NASDAQ) Calabasas, CA
Staff Accountant August 2009toNovember2011
Analyzed the activities of accounting departments in conjunction with one another. Administered financial analysis and
management by integrating new applications and innovations to streamline productivity and increase efficiency.
• Tasked with closing books on a monthly basis,toensurea twoday month end close deadline.
• Directed financedepartment including A/R, A/P, general and cost accounting,and financialreporting.
• Prepared incomestatements and balance sheets for select affiliates.
• Effectively tracked ov er $22M in raw materials and finished goods in inventory.
• Created automated data entry system usedcompanywide and subsequently trained staff.
• Accomplished efforts in reducing commission calculation time by 75%tocompletion.
• Enabled process improvements expediting ADPpayrollreconciliations into1 /4th of the time.
Education & Professional Developm ent
University of California Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Business Economics with, Accounting 2008
Fox Sports RadioNetwork - Internship Summer2007
Spanish●H ebrew ●Englis h
Excel (V lookup, H lookup,
Pivot Tables, Macros, VBA)
Oracle ERP (R12)
ERP Implem entation
Exceptio nal Analytics
Syteline ERP System
Microso ft Office & Access
Quickbook s Enterprise
Microso ft Outlook