Priciples of critical thinking
What is Critical thinking?
A person with critical thinking is the one who thinks logically and coherently moreover has reflective and independent thinking. Thinkers with following skills are attributed to as critical thinkers:
• Is able to connect ideas
• Comes up with his own ideas all the time
• Analyzes and draws conclusions to arguments
• Is proficient in identify errors and their reasons
• Is able to justify the cause of issues
• Could think of solution to problems
Published on: Mar 6, 2016
Transcripts - Priciples of critical thinking
What is Critical thinking?
A personwithcritical thinkingisthe one whothinkslogicallyandcoherently moreoverhas reflective and
independentthinking.Thinkerswithfollowingskillsare attributedtoascritical thinkers:
Is able toconnect ideas
Comesupwithhisown ideasall the time
Is able tojustifythe cause of issues
A critical Thinkershouldhave the abilityto accumulate information. A Critical thinkermayhave asharp
memorybutnot everythinkerwithsharpmemoryisregardedasa critical thinker.A critical thinkeris
the one who coulddrawpossible outcomesof acertainevent,fromhisknowledgeandhasthe abilityto
seeksolutionsof problemswiththe helprelevantsourcesandknowledge.
Critical Thinkinghelpsindividualsincrease theirknowledge,enhance theories,anddominate arguments,
thoughCritical thinkershouldnotbe confused withhavingquality toargue. A critical thinkerenjoys
Many people have amisconceptionaboutcritical thinkers.Theythinkthatbeinglogical andrational
separates critical thinkingfromcreativity.Likecreativity,critical thinkingrequiresthinkerstothinkout
of the box while pursinginfamousapproaches.Infact,critical thinkingisinvolvedincreativitysoasto
analyze andthinkupon ideastocome upwithan innovation.
Principles of Critical thinking:
1. Analyzing:Critical thinkingrequiresseparationandbreakingdown of bigthings intosmall partssoas
to discovertheirnature,functionandrelationships. Itinvolves piece bypiece studyof information.
2. ApplyingStandards: A critical thinkershouldhave the abilityto judge things accordingtoestablished
personal,professional,orsocial rulesor criteria.
3. Discriminating: A critical thinkershould recognize differencesandsimilaritiesamongthingsor
situationsand shoulddistinguish themcarefullyas percategoryor rank. A critical thinkershouldhave
the abilitytodistinguishbetweensmall partsof a whole thing.
4. InformationSeeking:A critical thinkershouldhave keyskillsof searchingforevidence,facts,or
knowledge byidentifyingrelevantsourcesand shouldbe proficientat gatheringobjective,subjective,
historical,andcurrentdata fromthose sources.
5. Logical Reasoning:A critical thinkershouldhave the abilitytodraw inferencesorconclusionsthatare
supportedinor justifiedby the rightevidence.
6. Predicting:A critical thinkershouldknow how toenvision aplanand shouldbe preparedwithits
7. Transforming Knowledge:A critical thinkershouldhave the abilitytochange orconvertthe