Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pool_Dan_Resume
874 NE Killingsworth St. Portland, Oregon 97211
(971) 678 · 5347 email@example.com
Oregon Institute of Technology, Portland December 2012
B.S.E. in Renewable Energy Engineering (ABET accredited) with a Minor in Math
·Will identify/receive problems, research alternatives, prepare presentations, drive solutions, test to con-
ﬁrm, gain consensus, and implement solutions for deﬁned business processes.
·Motivated self-checker with excellent written and oral communication skills, self-disciplined, detail ori-
ented, able to prioritize work, and independently able to problem solve technical issues.
·Able to take on a leadership role within a diverse group of contractors, sub-contractors, utility repre-
sentatives, stakeholders, and peers.
·Possesses an analytical mindset into processes, systems, and requirements to understand not only how
something works, but why it works, and how it can be improved.
Deep End Industries December 2012 - Present
Consulting Engineer Portland, OR
· Biomass/Syngas Prototype: Worked with a team to design and build a prototype portable gasiﬁer
unit. Added to every stage of the reduction-to-practice phase, including design modiﬁcation, build-out
and testing. Created CAD drawn schematics, designed and built the electrical/control system, analyzed,
troubleshot and anticipated problems. Ordered custom machining or welding work based on proprietary
designs. Hand-tooled unique ﬁttings/components. Created BOMs and tracked budgets.
· UASI analysis: Worked with the Port of Portland Fire Department performing a load analysis for
worst-case scenario generator use for an airport triage. Advised local professional leaders on ﬁndings.
POWER Testing & Energization March 2013 - March 2015
Field Engineer II Vancouver, WA
· Performed acceptance and maintenance testing on low and medium voltage switchgear, low and medium
voltage circuit breakers, instrument transformers, protective relays, automatic transfer switches, motor
control centers, dry type and liquid ﬁlled transformers, ground systems, etc.
· Operated various testing tools and equipment including Megger (MegOhmmeter), digital multimeter,
Hipot (VLF, AC, and DC), multi-amp relay tester, EZCT, Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter, TTR,
primary and secondary injection set, etc.
· Documented services by maintaining records and writing technical reports detailing ﬁeld work performed.
Programs Microsoft Oﬃce Suite, MATLAB, Simulink, AutoCAD, LATEX
Industry Standards NEC, NETA, OSHA, NFPA 70E, IEEE
Related Coursework/Training Power(Wind, Solar, Hydro, Nuclear), Biomass, Batteries