Native American Unit Plan PowerPoint
Here is a PowerPoint of my Unit Plan.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Native American Unit Plan PowerPoint
Native American Tribes
Analyze the Learner
• I will be educating fifth grade students about the cultures of
different Native American tribes. It is a general education
classroom with twenty students. There are twelve girls and eight
boys. Fourteen students are Caucasian, three are Asian, and three
are African-American. One student has hearing aids.
• My students will be taught the different cultures of Native
American tribes by watching a documentary about Native
American housing, listening to a podcast discussing what Native
Americans ate, getting into groups and making their own tribes,
and by using Photoshop. By the end of the week, my students will
have learned Native American culture with 85% accuracy.
Day by Day Breakdown
• Monday: My students will begin learning about Native American
culture by watching a documentary on Native American housing.
• Tuesday: We will listen to a podcast on what Native Americans
• Wednesday: My students will form groups and create their own
ancient Indian societies using robotics.
• Thursday: My class will research different Native American rituals
and present them on a Wiki.
• Friday: My students will pick their favorite celebrity and
Photoshop them to look like Native Americans.
Use of Technology
• Arts & Bots