Narrative Text by the 2nd group (XII IPS 3)
This is me and my friend's ppt task about narrative text. I would like to share to much people, so that we can learn and know more about narrative text ;)
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Narrative Text by the 2nd group (XII IPS 3)
• Narrative text, is an imaginative story to
• In literally, dictionary talked some definition of
narrative, that is :
(1) A spoken or written account of connected events;
(2) The narrated part of a literary work, as distinct
(3) The practice or art of narration.
• (Narrative bermakna : 1. Sebuah cerita baik
terucap atau tertulis tentang peristiwa-peristiwa
yang berhubungan. 2) Bagian yang diceritakan
dalam sebuah karya sastra, berbeda dengan
dialog. 3. Praktik atau seni bercerita).
• So, if we want to conclude, narrative text is a
text contain a spoken or written story and there
is a series events which interconnected each
• Generally, narrative text has 3 components :
1. Orientation -> Contain 3 main points,
that is “who”, “when”, and “where”.
2. Complication -> The part when the
complication begin, grow or develop.
3. Resolution -> We can called by problem
solving or the part where the problem in
the story were solved.
• Sometimes, the generic structure of narrative
text can be like this:
1. Orientation, 4. Resolution,
2. Complication, 5. Reorientation.
• “Evaluation” and “Reorientation” are optional;
so that we can use it or not.
• Evaluation -> Contain the evaluation of the
• Reorientation -> Is the contains inference /
conclusion for the ending of the story.
Generally, “Kinds of Narrative Text” consist of :
1. Fables (About animals but act like human which
2. Fairy Stories (Full of Miracle);
4. Science Fiction;
6. Horror Stories;
8. Historical narratives;
9. Personal experience; and
10.Ballads (Affect or touch story. With sad ending.)
• The Language Features of Narrative is :
– The use of “Simple Past Tense”;
– The used of “Action Verb” like ate, watched, etc;
– The used of “Adverb Of Time” like once upon a
time, long time ago, etc;
– The use of “Specific Participant”;
– Usually, has “Dialogue” or “Reported Speech”;
– Usually, “Enabling of Tenses Changing.”
– The use of “Adjective” and “Noun Phrase”;
– The use of “Conjunctions”; and
– The use of “Passive voice”.
• The purpose or the Social Function of
Narrative.. As we talked in the few
slides just now, Narrative is a kind of
text which has function to entertain
the readers or the listeners.
This is one example of Narrative Text.
Happy Reading ^.^
Sincere Will Get
a Great Return
Once upon a time, there was a kingdom
named Auretto, all people lived peacefully there.
One of them was Charlita, the king’s daughter who
was assumed as the most beautiful and kindest
Princess of Auretto.
One day, Charlita looked blue. Because of that
her father got confused. “What’s the matter my
beautiful daughter? Why are you so sad?” asked
King Fernando. Charlita was just silent. She did not
Then, King Fernando decided to make a
competition to cheer Charlita again. After that, the
palace representative announce: “I will make a
competition. The aim is to make my daughter, Princess
Charlita to be happy and laugh again. Everyone who
can do it, will get a prize. It will be held tomorrow when
the sun rises. Sign: King Fernando.”
The following morning, everybody came to the
palace, tried to give their best performance. They
seemed happy and laugh, but not for Princess Charlita.
She was just silent and still looked sad.
King Fernando started to give up. No one amused his
daughter. Then, there came a young handsome man. “Excuse
me King Fernando. I would like to join your competition. But,
would you mind if I took Princess Charlita for a walk?” said the
young man gently. “As long as you make my daughter be happy
again, it will totally alright.” said King Fernando. The young
handsome man took Princess Charlita for a walk in a beautiful
blue lake with a green forest around it. Princess Charlita smiled
and looked happy after that. Every body looked happy, too. “I
know why are you so my beautiful daughter. Now, I promise I
will environment green. I regret for always destroying it. Finally,
the environment around the kingdom became so beautiful and
green, full of plants. Then, the young handsome man got a prize
from the king. “I will marry you off my daughter.” said him.
“That is the prize I promise for you. Thanks for keeping our
environment well. Thanks for making my daughter happy again.”
That’s All About Our
Now, we are open