Pop Secret Social Media Analysis
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pop Secret Social Media Analysis
By Christina Martin
Table of Contents
• Wikipedia: 3-8
• Website: 9-10
• Facebook: 11-15
• Twitter: 16-17
• Youtube: 18-20
• Tumblr/Blog: 21-24
• Currently, the page is only a stub.
• Stub: small article with little information.
• Many people looking for new products to
try always go to Wikipedia first.
• If it’s only a stub with useless information,
they move along to the next brand.
• The goal is to create an interesting and eye
catching wikipedia article.
• A short summary about the product and the
• Information about the brand hierarchy (CEO,
• Basic categories to divide the article:
Example of History Catagory from
The Box• All good wikipedia pages have a box of basic information.
• The Box must have a logo.
• For Pop Secret, the box should include:
• Product type
• Key People
Things to Include
• Labels for Education.
• Major events that have been sponsored.
• Any important events that have happened
since the founding of the company.
• To add these things, simply create another
• Confusing because it seems to be a
connection of different tumblr accounts
just with altered URLs instead of the
standard “.tumblr.com” ending.
• People without Tumblrs, which is most
people, will be very confused by follow
• Make sure that the links at the bottom
open in a new tab.
• This is because it leads to an entirely new
• Leave FAQ and Contact Us exactly the
same so that the do not open in a new tab.
Facebook• First thing noticed in posts:
• bad grammar
• repeated sentences.
• All posts must be proofread well before
• Some posts just plain don’t make sense.
• Make sure humor is simple and easily
Film Fact Friday
• It’s great, but gets repetitive because of the
same picture posted every time.
• slightly alter the picture according to
holidays or the theme of the film fact to
make it more interesting.
• All posts from customers must be
responded to because at this point in time
it is really easy to keep up with them.
• Posts like this ^^^ cannot go unanswered.
• When posts are responded to, the apology
seems cut and pasted.
• This doesn’t remedy the situation at all and
makes the customer annoyed.
• If the response is more friendly and less
robotic, the situation is becomes less
hostile in the eyes of both the complainer
and others viewing the post.
Twitter• Number one rule of twitter: never tag your
• Number two rule of twitter: avoid careless
typos like extra periods.
• Overall, the Pop Secret Twitter is very good.
• The jokes are eye catching and appeal to the
humor of most people on Twitter.
• Consider promoting the twitter more
because it deserves a lot more followers.
Youtube• First of all, the icon messes with the banner.
• It’s small, but quite distracting for viewers.
• Coca-Cola’s banner compliments the icon
• Never self promote with your own link in
• It is understood that by clicking on the
profile icon, it will lead viewers back to the
Pop Secret page.
Pop! Camera! Action!
• Consider deleting for the sake of not
annoying people who view them.
• The technology used for it is dated and
quite frankly the humor in the videos just
• All recent videos are good, but
Pop! Camera! Action!”... not so much.
• Tumblr/Blog design and content is good and
there’s not much that can be done to make
• Possibly consider making content and posts
to appeal to the fandoms.
• Doctor Who
• Breaking Bad
• Hunger Games
• Sherlock (British and U.S.
• Harry Potter
• Hobbit/Lord of the Rings
• Game of Thrones
• Appealing to the fandoms on Tumblr could
result in gaining thousands of followers.
• Also the types of people within fandoms sit
and watch their shows for days on end.
Days that could be filled with Pop Secret
• To make the tags look less cluttered, simply
change the space between lines or make
the font smaller by editing the HTML
• Ultimately, the social media for Pop Secret
is very good.
• If promoted more, each account would gain
more likes, subscribers, or followers.
• The humor on most sites is very good and
in cases like theYoutube page, some things
just need to be deleted.
By continuing to produce good content and
fixing minor issues with each network, gaining
and keeping new followers is easily achievable.