Natural resource animated ppt
animated ppt for teaching
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Natural resource animated ppt
By Charu jaiswal
What do we need to breathe ?
Where do we get water from ?
In earlier times houses were made up of
which material ?
• Anything that can be used to satisfy a
need is called a RESOURCE.
Resources that are drawn from nature
and used without much modification
are called NATURAL RESOURCES. The
air we breathe, the water in our rivers
and lakes are an example of natural
• The resources which are not made by
nature but are made by human beings
are called MAN-MADE RESOURCES.
Natural Resources are classified into
Level of development-
•Abiotic resources are non-living. Soil, rocks
and minerals are abiotic.
Biotic resources are living. Plants and
animals are biotic resources.
• These are those resources which get
renewed or replenished quickly. Such as
solar and wind energy.
These are those resources which have a
limited stock. Once these get finished
they may take thousands of years to
renew. For e.g.- Coal, petroleum.
Choose the correct answer
• (i) Which one of the following does not make substance a
• a) utility (b) value (c) quantity
• (ii) Which one of the following is a natural resource?
• (a) medicines to treat cancer (b) spring water (c) buildings
• (iii) Complete the statement.- Biotic resources are
• (a) derived from living things
• (b) made by human beings
• (c) derived from non-living things
•Why are natural resources
•Why conservation of
resources are important ?