Pretest q1 2015-2016
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pretest q1 2015-2016
Tayabas Western Academy
PRE-TEST in ENGLISH 7
Name: ____________________________________________________ Date:______________
Grade/ Section: __________________________ Parent’s Signature:_______________________
ACQUISITION: Matching Type
A. Write the letter of the correct answer on the space provided in each number.
____1. The rhythmic flow of speech that makes
communication interesting and easier to understand.
a. rising-falling intonation
____2 .Intonation pattern used in questions answerable by
yes or no
b. rising intonation
____3.Intonation pattern used in questions that ask for
____4. A reasonable conclusion one can draw from a given
____5. A guess of what will happen next based on
observation, experience, scientific reason, or stated
____6. Desirable, positive or worthy traits and principles in
____7. Facts or specific bits of information on a topic or an
____8. Thought, general idea or notion about something h. inference
____9. Someone or something referred to i. concept
____10. A record or account of experiences, ideas, or
B. Read the words in each set softly to yourself. Encircle the word that does not belong
because it has a different vowel sound.
11. ball call cot bought
12. knock copy poverty pour
13. happiness afternoon activity umbrella
14. heaven afternoon checkered cell phone
15. host most brought home
C. Encircle the word which has a different consonant sound from the rest of the set.
16. atheist hearth breathless breathe
17. though feather thought leather
18. helped shaped reached scribbled
19. played washed healed sunned
walked wasted Shaded
D. Classify the cause and effect in each of the sentences using the following chart.
21. The people refused to heed Noah’s warning. Therefore, they were punished.
22. I failed to do my homework because I watched the TV last night.
23. Poor study habits often lead to poor performance in school.
24. Lack of sleep results in sluggishness.
25. Heavy rain brought about a monstrous traffic jam.
26. The boy fell to the floor since he would not heed his mother’s advice not to play balls on the
27. He refused to quit smoking. Hence, he became very ill.
28. God loved us so much that He gave us such a beautiful world.
29. Trees help us control floods. Thus, we should not cut them down unnecessarily.
30. God commanded us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Consequently, we should
show kindness to others.
E. Construct your own sentences using the following.
Sentence in the S-IV Pattern
Sentence in the S-TV-O pattern
Sentence in the S-LV-C Pattern
Sentence in the S-TV-DO Pattern
Sentence in the S-TV-O-OC Pattern
Prepared and encoded by:
MGRL & AJM