Narrative Questions (Word)
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Narrative Questions (Word)
Major Affiliate Application Narrative
Essential I Sponsorship
1. Describe the responsibilities of this affiliate’s representative to the Advisory Committee.
Type your response in this expandable box.
2. Describe the role(s) of the sponsoring institution and this new clinical affiliate in the overall organization of
the nuclear medicine technology program. Specifically answer the following:
o How does the addition of this affiliate enhance the educational program?
o Will a student be assigned to this institution for the total clinical education experience or will
he/she rotate to other clinical affiliates?
o Will the student observe or participate in the performance of nuclear medicine procedures?
o Does this institution offer any clinical education experience not available at the program’s other
o If this clinical affiliate is shared with other educational programs, how are the program’s
educational objectives fulfilled?
Essential III Students
3. Describe the responsibilities of the affiliate clinical supervisor and affiliate medical director related to the
clinical education of students at this site.
4. Describe the student evaluation process used in this facility (who evaluates and how often; provide a
sample of the evaluation forms used).
5. Provide an explanation of how and at what intervals evaluation results are communicated to students.
6. Describe the health services available to students while at this affiliate.
Essential IV Curriculum
7. If the student is assigned to this affiliate for the entire clinical education experience, describe how he/she is
assured of achieving all the required competencies.
8. If clinical radiopharmacy experiences are provided at an affiliate other than this one please identify the
9. If clinical radiopharmacy experiences are provided at this affiliate, describe the modes and/or mechanisms
used to teach students to prepare radiopharmaceuticals.
10. If clinical radiopharmacy experiences are provided at this affiliate, identify how long the rotation for
radiopharmaceutical preparation is and how the student is assured of attaining familiarity with the full
spectrum of radiopharmaceuticals utilized in nuclear medicine technology.
11. If the nuclear medicine department at this affiliate shares the responsibility for radiopharmaceutical
education with other clinical affiliates, describe the roles of each affiliate by identifying who is responsible
for the student’s education and evaluation, particularly completion of competencies.
12. Describe the modes and/or mechanisms used to teach students the administration of
Essential VI Program Evaluation
13. Provide a description of the major strength this facility will contribute to the program.
14. Provide a description of the recognized weaknesses of this facility.