National hobby month pow
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - National hobby month pow
January 10, 2011 Name: _________________ # ____
National Hobby Month
January is National Hobby Month. Hobbies are activities or interests that someone does
outside of their job. People usually choose hobbies that they enjoy or help them relax.
This week you will write about a hobby that you enjoy doing or one that you would like to
• What materials or equipment do you need to do your hobby?
• Do you have to go somewhere special for your hobby, or can it be done anywhere?
Why do you enjoy the hobby?
• Is it best to do the hobby with a friend or by yourself?
Brainstorm by making a list of different hobbies you enjoy on the bottom or back of this
paper. Then write a paragraph answering the above questions about your hobby. Make
1. ___ 2nd Grade: 3-4 sentences, 3rd Grade: 5-8 sentences
2. ___ topic sentence, detail sentences, concluding sentence
3. ___ focus on ideas and explaining
4. ___ clearly reworked rough draft
5. ___ final is neat and written in ink or typed
___ signature of adult who helped you proofread your work for content and
7. ___ all three papers stapled together with final on top
Materials Needed for Your
Hobbies You Enjoy Hobby and Important Things to Why You Enjoy Your Hobby