this is a presentation on the population of Australia and Indonesia
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - population!
There are two things that affect the population size of the world:
• Birth rate- the number of babies born per thousand of the population
• Death rate- the number of deaths per thousand of the population per
When birth rate is higher than death rate, more people are being born
than they are dying, so the population grows. This is called natural
When the death rate is higher than the birth rate it is called natural
• Indonesia is a country made up of thousands of islands. It has the
fourth largest population of any country in the world- over 240
• The population isn’t distributed evenly- most people live on the island
• This has led to social and economic problems on the densely
Lack of adequate services and housing as well as unemployment and
• The Indonesian government started a policy in the 1960s called the
transmigration policy, which aims to reduce the impacts of population
• Australia has a sparse population- it has 23 million
• The aborigines (native Australians) have lived in Australia for over
40,000 years. They represent 1% of the population.
• The reason Australia is so sparsely populated is because:
1. There is access to contraception.
2. Women are putting there careers first.
3. Women are marrying later.