Nacada #AdvTech Talk
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nacada #AdvTech Talk
Using Digital Tools to
NACADA #AdvTech Talk
Why we do, what we do
▪ online & on campus -- undergrads & grads
▪ meeting students’ needs, where they’re comfortable
▪ not necessarily replacing traditional advising
▪ other ways to be available, instead of pushing out information
▪ building relationships, enhancing communication & support
▪ mix & match
▪ make it work for your daily advising
▪ basic rules of customer service still apply (in person, phone, online)
▪ try one or two new things until you’re comfortable
▪ add contact info to our email signatures, bio pages online
▪ trial & error… yes, small mistakes are ok
Boundaries & Limitations
▪ FERPA & information privacy
▪ student identity & behavior
▪ access & responsibility
▪ cost & financial concerns
▪ training & support
▪ implementation & assessment
Keep in Touch
▪ YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/NACADAadvtech
▪ Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NACADAAdvTech/
▪ Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1fFtesy
Join the #AcAdv Chat every Tuesday at Noon CST!
Follow @AcAdvChat on Twitter & join the fun.
Thank you NACADA
Submit a proposal for the annual conference by February 28th!
Members cast your vote by March 3rd!