Nanoleaf Bloom Feasibility Analysis
The following analysis of Nanoleaf Bloom is a school project only. We sought to rate this latest LED product that was receiving crowd-funding on Kickstarter at the time, and determine how viable it would be in the lighting industry.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nanoleaf Bloom Feasibility Analysis
DM 663 Group Project | September 6, 2014
Lauren Foisy, Ann Marie Puente, Hansel Noriega, Rodrigo Jardim, Ali Akbar Sahiwala, Lia Wang
The world’s most
energy efficient light bulb?
● Easy to install
● Customizable light levels
● 1200 lumens, 10 watts = 120L/W
● High Upfront Cost
● Government mandates and regulatory standards
● Increasing energy costs
● Increased environmental awareness
Will people buy it?
● High unit cost, difficult to penetrate market
Who will buy it?
● Willing to spend upfront, for long-term energy savings
● Environmentally conscious, and early adopters
● First to market
● Research and innovation
● Recognition and publicity through crowdfunding
● Limited access to capital
● Economies of scale
● Relatively low barriers to entry
● Highly competitive landscape
Successfully funded but
future prospects remain
VENTURE IDEA 31/40
BUSINESS MODEL 13/20
FINAL SCORE 68%